A Passenger Equipment Question

Mon Jul 16 11:25:16 EDT 2018

Abram,
Please enlighten me as to what you are talking about?  I must have missed a post or two.
"COT&S and IDT work"

Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

A question that perhaps only Mr. Hamilton can answer...

Was all COT&S and IDT work on passenger equipment done at the little "Coach Yard" east of Randolph Street Bridge in Roanoke?

I just can't see a passenger car being dragged to the shop track at Norfolk or Williamson or wherever for such things.  My guess is that someone kept track of the due dates on all passenger equipment and saw that it was cycled into the Roanoke Coach Yard for this work.

And while we have Mr. Hamilton's magic answer machine cranked up, let's ask him whether the N&W continued to use the type UC triple valves on passenger equipment up until the end, or changed to some newer type.

You have the floor, Senator Hamilton !

                   -- abram burnett

deputy asst. grand duke of the back yard turnip patch

                  Sent to You from my Telegraph Key
Successor to the MAGNETIC TELEGRAPH LINE of 1844