1948 CTC Peavine article

Tue Jul 24 17:23:04 EDT 2018

ANCOR station was the stop named after the ANCOR factory started in 1918.

The plant covered over 400 acres and made nitrate for the WW1 due to Germany cutting supplies.

ANCOR is acronym for Air Nitrate Corporation. All the nitrate was shipped via the N&W the reason for the massive industrial yard.

When the WW1 was over the company closed.

I have a photo which I will try to find.

Stephen Rineair

PS: Rineair is FRENCH which means “AIR of the Rhine” or pronounced Renyea’