Depot location question

Thu Sep 13 13:51:34 EDT 2018

That same photo is on page 150 of August Thieme’s book  “The Norfolk & Western … As I Knew It !”

He identifies the location as Richlands, VA, and the locomotive is Class G-1 #6 with an empty livestock train headed for Blackford on the Honaker Branch. The date is August 20, 1950.

Paul Mandelkern

Winter Park, FL