Transfer Cab ???

Thu Oct 25 11:23:28 EDT 2018

Many thanks to Ken Miller and Jimmy Lisle for their concise explanations.  The day was not wasted.  I learned something.
when I was a kid, my father (who grew up in an N&W family) explained what those little "dimples" were used for on my HO gauge rolling stock but I do not recall the term "poling".  As soon as I saw a photo of the process it all clicked.  And the transfer cab now makes sense, too.
Thanks again, gentlemen!
Rick Huddle
Delaware, OH