Pocahontas Coal Field Sign

Wed Jan 30 14:51:40 EST 2019

Thanks for the input everyone.  The sign on Flickr is definitely the one I am thinking of (although I'm still going nuts wondering where I saw the picture, as I know it wasn't online).  It's located at Bluestone Junction.  I haven't had the chance to go through the films listed yet, but a picture is what I really needed because I want to make a version of it for placement on my model railroad.  The Williamson "Heart Of The Billion Dollar Coal Field" sign is easy enough to find by doing a web search for that phrase.  The Entering The Billion Dollar Coal Field sign at Bluefield I haven't found yet, although the original one works best for my purposes as there will not likely be a street where I am planning on placing it, so the one N&W erected along their right of way fits my scene better.

Marty Flick