1218 Feedwater

Tue Feb 26 09:53:11 EST 2019

Bud and Ed,

You are right. My memory was off. Coffin supplied the Emergency (or Auxiliary) feedwater pump. And later they used a Coffin to replace the original Ingersoll-Rand Main feedwater pump that gave so much trouble.

Jawn Henry’s Deaerating Feedwater Heater was manufactured by Cochrane according to Mr. Newton’s authoritative treatise Rails Remembered Vol.4 page 726 and 757. I’m so appreciative that he wrote this excellent work on Jawn Henry.

John Garner