N&W power car pix

Mon Mar 4 19:18:30 EST 2019

Duplicates of this slide (link is below) have surfaced on ebay several times
over the past couple years.  What I find interesting is the single car in
the train:  a portable power generator converted from a boxcar.  Strange
that it's being moved by itself.  Suggestions as to why?  Maybe an
"emergency" situation somewhere?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slide-Train-Railroad-Steam-Engine-N-W-Norfolk-Weste
rn/163571303064?hash=item26159c0298:g:-PMAAOSwUElceGkG

I have attached a shot of power car 410 and I've seen a power car in the
background of the 0-8-0 228 shot (also attached).  Just curious as to if
there were several of these cars and where would they have been used other
than with office cars as may be the case with 410.

Jim King

 <http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/> www.smokymountainmodelworks.com