N&WHS Long - Time Member Gary Price Illness

Sun Jun 23 16:17:42 EDT 2019

Greetings,
I read in the July 2019 Watauga Valley RR Museum "Whistle Stop" newsletter today that long-time N&WHS member Gary Price is still listed on their sick list. I don't want to alarm anyone. Awhile back Gary told me that he's being treated for a chronic illness. The reason that I even brought this up is because of the loyalty that Gary has shown the N&WHS over the years. If I'm not mistaken Gary hosted at least three very successful N&WHS Conventions. One of the best N&WHS Conventions that he organized was the Bristol Convention where the attendees loaded charter buses and stopped at the N&W train stations off Interstate 81 from Bristol to Pulaski. Fellow member Charlie Long and I had one of the best times ever! I may even still have the my baby blue golf shirt with the red racing stripe that I got when I sat down in wet red paint on one of the freshly painted homemade passenger cars while riding the "Saltville Shifter". I still get confused when I try to remember the Saltville, Va. Mayor's nickname. "Pork Chop" seems to come to mind??? LOL! Good times but even better people! Thanks Gary for the real reason someone should join the N&WHS! Dedicated members like you!
Best,
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Railroad Day 2019 Model Train Show Worker - Train Show Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
LRD 2019 Vendor Tables Rental Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org <http://www.blueridgenrhs.org/>
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908
Cell: 434-851-0151