Fw: FreightCar America to close Roanoke plant this fall!

Mon Jul 22 14:09:16 EDT 2019

Sad news for Roanoke and it’s workforce. Roanoke and railroading are two words that go together like peanut butter and jelly. I hate to see such a proud workforce fall on hard times in any town. I pray that something better will come along for these workers and their families. Let’s open a plant in Roanoke to build wind turbines. The workers are there along with a railroad to transport the wind powered blades and related equipment. Roanoke and SW Virginia have to become an important supplier of clean energy for the future. Americans have always thought out of the box! Don’t stop now!
Best to all and all aboard!
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Railroad Day 2019 Model Train Show Worker - Train Show Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
LRD 2019 Vendor Tables Rental Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908
FreightCar America to close Roanoke plant this fall
https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/roanoke/freightcar-america-to-close-roanoke-plant-in-the-fall