Pusher Power

Thu Jul 25 14:18:37 EDT 2019

Yes, as I recall it was from hard coupling, and the caboose body buckled in
its center beneath the copula. For that to happen, the frame took the
impact.  I don't think there were any injuries.  If I find the magazine I
will scan the picture.

Not N&W, but a retired PRR engineer from Hagerstown told me once that if
coupling too hard to a PRR wood caboose, it would knock the wood body out of
square.

--Rick Morrison

Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: Pusher Power