Model Railroad Open House

Fri Aug 9 13:27:29 EDT 2019

N&W Modelers,
Many years ago I took Jim Brewer up on his open house invitation. I have never seen a nicer and more prototypically accurate N&W operating HO layout. I assume it’s still representing the Shenandoah Division running from Roanoke, Virginia to Hagerstown, Maryland. Two of my favorite scenes were the accurate models of the homes in Luray, Virginia complete with actual photos of those same homes today. The second scene are the limestone gray trees (covered with quarry dust) near the quarry near Buchanan, Virginia. If I’ve described something wrong I apologize. What I am sure of is that I never felt more welcome at anyone’s operating layout! Thanks Jim for this very fond memory and for being a longtime friend! Just another reason to join the N&WHS!
Do yourself a favor and visit Jim and see his awesome N&W Railway layout!! You will be glad you did!
Best,
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Railroad Day 2019 Model Train Show Worker - Train Show Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
LRD 2019 Vendor Tables Rental Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908