Question re: Athearn PRR 7203 color - "Brunswick Green"

Mon Aug 12 15:33:07 EDT 2019

> 3.  Brunswick is a station on the PRR's New York Division, about 15 miles east of Princeton and about 35 miles west of New York City.  The town has no association with the color green, so far as I know.  Brunswick is the home of one of the best universities in this country:  Rutgers.  I would love to be a graduate electrical or mechanical engineer from Rutgers - which I ain't.

That city and station is New Brunswick, not just Brunswick. Like many of the North American “New” cities, is was named for its European counterpart, Braunschweig (or Brunswick in Low German) in what is today Germany. Having grown up in New Jersey, I have never heard of it referred to as just Brunswick.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com