NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 176, Issue 20

Mon Aug 12 19:42:00 EDT 2019

> Subject: Question re: Athearn PRR 7203 color

> I thought the leased engines were all black.  Is 7203 a foobie?  Below is a
> photo from the seller.  The body appears to be green and the seller
> confirmed today that he thinks Brunswick is correct.
When I rode behind GG-1s, I thought that they were black. It's only
later that I found out that they were really green and abysmally dirty.
A similar thing occurred with the Vienna subways in the forties and
fifties, that started bright red, but turned purple from brake dust.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT

---
https://www.avg.com