A question about early refrigerator cars

Wed Oct 2 18:21:45 EDT 2019

I have a question for any of our learned historians.  N&W was an early party to join the Fruit Growers Express consortium, but unlike every other member of the group did not contribute any of its own refrigerator cars to the FGEX fleet.  My question is, what did N&W do with the refrigerator cars it had on its roster?

Now in all honesty, I have never seen a photo of an N&W ice reefer, just a photo of a model that was in the N&W handbook by messers W and W.  I don't have access to any ORER books of that era to see if anything was ever listed.

Did N&W ever roster its own refrigerator cars? And if so, what became of them if they were not transferred to FGEX?

Brent