At the top

Sat Oct 19 15:16:08 EDT 2019

Ed,

  Depot looks fine due to the restoration and care by the Park folks. Tree
growth: What I was told is that they are apple trees (not natural to the
elevation) that resulted from passengers throwing their apple  cores out
the windows.
  This is a really busy location with the arrival of a steady stream of
vans hauling riders and towing trailers filled with bicycles up from
Damascus. Probably more people (of all ages) arrive by van at Whitetop in
one day than the railroad hauled in a year!
  As to the three tracks, next time we are up there I will check for
evidence of same.

Mike Pierry, Jr.