CPL signals and how they operate

Sun Jan 26 15:04:29 EST 2020

I very much doubt any part of the the NYC interlocking logic knew or cared that on our side, the signals were modified PL signals (they were not standard N&W CPLs -
Apparently no one knew or cared how cuts of coal crossed the Central's New York-Chicagomain line.  Arriving coal was stored south of the NYC main, then shoved across  the Central tothe Lake when needed.  Approaching the diamond in a curve the movement was controlled bya trainman hanging on the side of the lead load  using a hose extension to the train line.That was 50 years ago.  Maybe radio communications helped.           Harry Bundy