578 Recordings

Mon Feb 3 11:36:11 EST 2020

Jim,
The BP changes the tone. On the link Fading Giant recording it seems to me the sound from the 611 on the beginning of side one is slightly different from the rest of that side using the 605(?).
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Thanks to all who responded. I’m working on it.

Speaking of whistles, did the J and K2 class engines have the same whistles? It seems to me that they sounded different. Actually, in Bill Bauer’s recordings of his ride on trains 25 and 26, there were differences in whistle sounds from the J class engines pulling those trains.

-Jim Herron