N&W Clocks

Thu Feb 20 15:35:55 EST 2020

Brian

The standard clock for stations and offices on the N&W was the Seth
Thomas No. 2 regulator.  The N&W never marked the dial or the clock in
any way.  About the best thing you can find is a shipping tag on a clock
that was repaired and sent back to the original location.  I have one
sent from Ranikn Jewlers in Roanoke to Burkville, VA.  We have one at
the Archives Building that hung in Jack Fishwick's office when he was
president.  Not marked but I know the history where it went after his
office.

The only road that I know of that had their own clock repair facility
was the AT&SF.  They used the Seth Thomas school house type clock in
many of their locations.  The dial was marked Santa Fe Railway System
over Standard Clock.  Seth Thomas was just above the number 6 on the
dial.  They were the only road that I know of that marked their clock
dials in this manner.  There had to be other roads that marked some dials.

Jim Blackstock