Arrow Cover - Front, Back & in between

Sun Apr 5 15:27:15 EDT 2020

I was looking at the latest Arrow and a few things came to mind.

On the front cover, I have noticed that late in the life of the J's, the
bright Headlight bezel, Number board trim and Class lights appear to be
black. Is there a reason for that?
In the case of #612 on the cover, the builder's and class plates appear
to be missing. I think that this has been discussed before, but, I
forgot when or where.

Regarding Buffers, I have noticed that there were express reefers/milk
reefers that also were equipped with buffers similar to those shown on
the CG caboose.

On the back cover, can someone explain what looks like a centering
device/buffer on the draft gear of #103?

Jimmy Lisle