as steam departed the N&W in the50's...

Mon Apr 13 21:49:30 EDT 2020

This may have been covered before but now with so much time available I'll inquire, just in case it has not been published or shared.

When were the LAST of each of the various major classes of locomotives SHOPPED at Roanoke? I am referring to A's, E's, K's, M's, Z's and even J's even though I suspect that last class of 14 has been published since it has been in the public eye so often. I'm not including the G's and W's since those were so few and often departed for the boneyard, as well as the S class switchers, which largely came on board late in the game.

Is there any record of when the shops ceased doing the class repairs?

Idle minds make for the devil's workshop here.

Bob Cohen