Fw: Why a $600M herd of iron horses is put out to pasture in Salt Lake City

Mon Apr 27 17:52:23 EDT 2020

The world’s workforce as we knew it will never be the same after this virus ends! Large corporations are finding ways to do the same or more with less workers. Seems that large railroads only want one person operating a single train. Everyone needs to keep your eyes open. One day we will have robots running the trains!! Drones delivering mail and packages to our doorsteps. What about automated lawn mowers cutting our grass? Would you want your children boarding a school bus without a human driver?
And you thought that the Jetson’s was just a cartoon?
Stay well,
Norris

Norris Deyerle

Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners

Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org<http://www.blueridgenrhs.org>

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908

Why a $600M herd of iron horses is put out to pasture in Salt Lake City

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/4/26/21230692/why-600-million-herd-iron-horses-pasture-salt-lake-city-union-pacific-locomotives-railroad