H Reid films (NW Mailing List)

Tue Apr 28 10:02:34 EDT 2020

Jim,
You're right about no tripod as many scenes were jumpy. I wish you had gotten those films to reproduce as I know they would be much better to view. Your videos are always awesome.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Having viewed a couple the H. Reid films on YT, it appears that Mr. Reid rarely, if ever, used a tripod. So, there is a lot of shaking but aside from that, there are a lot of good shots that seem to suffer not from the photographer but rather from a horrible job of transferring the film to video. It looks like the films were shown on a white surface from a projector and copied by running the video camera at the image. What a shame that the guy who posted the films didn’t get a professional to do the transfers. I’m pretty sure the film is much better focused than what is shown on YT.

-Jim Herron