NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 185, Issue 48

Tue Apr 28 15:09:18 EDT 2020

I know of only 2 K2 class engines having doghouses, numbers 125 and 126 both were so equipped. Apparently this was done earlier on these K2s than on the Js. Both can be seen at Crewe in late December 1952 on the JMJ video "Vintage Rails Volume 7" which features a lot of less often seen N&W steam, I highly recommend it. Incidently, the late Jim Gillum mentioned that 125 and 126 were the only K2s to recieve doghouses in an N&WHS "Arrow" article, but I can't remember which article nor the issue. best regards, -Ed Burnett, Lynchburg, Virginia