K2 126 with doghouse

Tue Apr 28 16:40:36 EDT 2020

Thanks, Rick, for sending this photo. I looked in my book and there is a
photo of 126 at the Norfolk coaling tower in June 1953 and it has a barely
visible doghouse. In another mailing list comment, it stated that Jim Gillum
in a K-2 article wrote that only 125 and 126 had doghouses. Jim had a large
photo collection and he like to tabulate what locomotives were equipped with
what accessories. If Jim said that 125 and 126 were the only ones, that is a
good source.

Bud Jeffries

Mailing List