Obituary

Mon Jul 6 12:51:45 EDT 2020

Yesterday's Roanoke Times had an obituary for Coyte Lee Garner, Sr., 96,
retired Assistant Manager NS Physical Laboratory, Roanoke, and father of
NWHS member, John Garner.  Interestingly the obituary noted, "He (Coyte)
was a lifelong admirer of N&W's finest, home-built steam locomotives."

I knew Coyte from our association on the N&W and NS, and I soon learned
that Coyte was  a real gentleman and a deeply religious person.

I know that many in the NWHS who know John share my expression of
condolences to him in the loss of his father.

Gordon Hamilton