Where in Roanoke is this?

Wed Jul 8 11:13:53 EDT 2020

That is the Passenger Car Commissary and office building.  In 1964 as a Special Apprentice for N&W I spend 3 months training on the adjoining coach yard.  Our office and shop was in the basement of the Motive Power Building.  My job was to check all the cookies on every #4 that came through each day as well as keeping the AC going on the coaches.  In the basement of the Commissary was more Old Crow than in any ABC store in town.

Skip Salmon

>     NWHS RB37923-Slide https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=184706
>

>     NWHS RB37923-Slide
>

>     What is the building right behind the passenger car?  I think it is a parking lot now.  Is the brick building the General Office building on Shenandoah Avenue?
>
>     Thank you,
>     Mike Shockley

SKIP SALMON