What happened to the Robert Claytor plaque on 611's tender?

Fri Jul 31 15:15:29 EDT 2020

I found a photo I took in May 2010, when 611 was on display by the Link Museum.

Phil Miller

Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 12:45 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: What happened to the Robert Claytor plaque on 611's tender?

I was curious what happened to the plaque on 611's tender honoring the memory of the late Robert Claytor? One of my regrets is not getting a photograph of it in the 1990's and after an exhaustive search for photographs of it online I have come up empty handed. I am fairly certain the plaque has not been on the locomotive since the most recent restoration began in 2014. Thank you for any assistance available.

Sincerely,

Steven Ashley