Durham division

Tue Sep 22 12:19:10 EDT 2020

Larry,

We are dealing with two "discontinuances" here.  First is the date of
discontinuance of regular passenger service on the Durham line and the
second is the date of discontinuance of the replacement mixed train
service.  Apparently the arrangement with the Virginia Stage Lines
replaced the latter service.  I have an October 1960 Official Guide that
has a note that reads essentially the same as the one you cite from the
June 1958 TT.  This indicates that the arrangement with Virginia Stage
Lines lasted at least 28 months.  I hope someone can still come up with
the precise dates of the above service changes.

Gordon Hamilton