Car weighing locations on the N&W and their abbreviations

Fri Oct 30 07:56:10 EDT 2020

There was definitely one at Clare.Somewhere I have photos of the scale in the late 1980's.Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone------ Original message------From: NW Mailing ListDate: Thu, Oct 29, 2020 12:27 PMTo: NW Mailing List;Cc: Subject:Re: Car weighing locations on the N&W and their abbreviationsBrett,Here is what I have:

  BL
  N&W
  Bluefield
  WV

  BR
  N&W
  Bristol
  VA

  CL
  N&W
  Clare Yard
  OH
  Cincinnati

  CO
  N&W
  Joyce Yard
  OH
  Columbus

  CR
  N&W
  Crewe
  VA

  DE
  N&W
  Denniston
  VA

  DU
  N&W
  Durham
  NC

  HA
  N&W
  Hagerstown
  MD

  IA
  N&W
  Iaeger
  WV

  KE
  N&W
  Kenova
  WV

  LP
  N&W
  Lambert Point Yard
  VA
  Norfolk

  LY
  N&W
  Lynchburg
  VA

  NK
  N&W
  Norfolk
  VA

  NO
  N&W
  Norton
  VA

  PO
  N&W
  Portsmouth
  OH

  PR
  N&W
  Princeton
  WV
  after 1959;previously VGN

  RA
  N&W
  Radford
  VA

  RI
  N&W
  Richlands
  VA

  RO
  N&W
  Roanoke
  VA

  SC
  N&W
  Shafers Crossing
  VA
  Roanoke

  SH
  N&W
  Shenandoah
  VA

  WC
  N&W
  Wilcoe Yard
  VA
  Farm

  WI
  N&W
  Williamson
  WV

I am looking to compile a list of car weighing/reweighing locations on the N&W and what those associated stencil abbreviations would be.   (As example for the Missouri Pacific lines Kingsville was KV, Alexandria was ALEX.)

There is a possibility that this could result in the production of a decal sheet with these stencil abbreviations and a set of light weights.

Thanks in advance for the group's input here.

Sincerely,

Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer