429 in West Jefferson

Sun Nov 8 05:34:06 EST 2020

As I understand the track layout in WJ, the locomotive appears to be backing into the wye to turn and then return north on the branch. you are correct the regarding the location of the station in relation to the photographer and the trackside railcar shed and the section house near the trackside tank.

 R.D. Williams