Ex-N&W/Wabash C424

Sat Nov 28 10:07:28 EST 2020

This is definitely not a former N&W-Wabash C424.  I know of no N&W C424s
that were painted into Conrail blue.  The horn mounting bracket on the face
of the cab above the left side of the left front cab window is not from a
former N&W unit but correct for an Erie Lackawanna unit.  2409 was an Erie
Lackawanna C424.  2409 when it went to Conrail was renumbered 2483 to avoid
conflict with ex-PC-PRR RS27 2409.  My money is on this unit being former
Erie Lackawanna 2409/Conrail 2483.

Ed Painter #70 living in Cohutta, GA from Narrows, VA