electric cabinet

Fri Dec 18 20:01:32 EST 2020

Roger

That is excellent observation, I did not look close enough to note the second Class J, which I feel certain is 611 on the May XX, 1958 move that was the Pocahontas east out of Roanoke, with the extra Class J to haul a military special back west later that day.

In that case, I’d totally agree with Bedford, I did not read the listing.

The purpose of the lamp, again, might be a block occupancy signal. There was one at Salem, for the crews on the Catawba Branch, to know when it was safe to work the main, it only indicated if there was a train entering the block or not. I would guess a local freight working Bedford would not have any signal indications as to trains entering the block.

Best
Ken Miller