Union Terminal S-2 Sleeper

Tue Jan 19 15:48:12 EST 2021

 Lettering is correctly spaced, but wrong font. This looks like "Railroad Roman," which N&W did not use.
Jim Nichols
    On Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 01:56:10 PM CST, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

 Has anyone seen these S-2 sleepers by Union Terminal? They look to have the wrong style and size lettering to me. Any opinions? For a $795 HO brass car they ought to be accurate. Same for the Division Point N&W cars I've seen. They have stripes that curve around the ends and some other issues.
Why would manufacturers produce very expensive cars and not do them right? Why would modelers buy inaccurate cars for these prices? Rather than $795 if I wanted inaccurate cars I'd buy the older Rivarossi 10/6 cars and decals and have the whole fleet!
HO Brass Model - UTI 1072-3 McDowell County 10-6 Sleeper N&W Owned Painted PRR Tuscan - F/P + Interior + Lights - 2020 Run - Boo-Rim - #1 / 17 | BRASSTRAINS.COM

|  |  |

|  |
HO Brass Model - UTI 1072-3 McDowell County 10-6 Sleeper N&W Owned Paint...

Buy HO Brass Model - UTI 1072-3 McDowell County 10-6 Sleeper N&W Owned Painted PRR Tuscan - F/P + Interior + Lig...

Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works________________________________________