Steam Doubleheaders

Sat Feb 13 12:20:35 EST 2021

Harry
Thanks for the update.
Yes, moving tonnage down the favorable grade from Roanoke on the former Virginian to “Brookneal” to change over to the “L&D” is pretty common & makes sense.
There is a FB group, “Lynchburg Area Rails” , that posts lots of current photos & videos of mostly daily NS rail traffic & related items. A recent video was of a SB coal drag going over “Falwell trestle” near Rustburg.  Evidently there is still “some” coal traffic that comes through Lynchburg. Not sure of its origin & if it arrives in Lynchburg via former N&W, Southern, or C&O.
Thanks to you & everyone who have contributed answers to my questions about “double-heading” on the Durham Line. Sharing your knowledge & personal experiences are invaluable & appreciated.
Herb Edwards

Sent from my iPhone