New Book Status

Fri Feb 19 09:05:36 EST 2021

 I want to add my two-cent’s worth to the topic of a new book from Ed King, Memories of an Appalachian Steam Man.  Ed sent me the manuscript for the book about three years ago, and I read it in two back-to-back sittings.  Couldn't put it down.  I liked the premise - a fictional character played against factual history.  It reminded me of the super-popular series Downton Abbey.   The attention to historic detail in that series lent an extra (and significant) credibility to the story itself, and made the whole exercise more enjoyable. Same with Ed’s book.  He’s a master story teller and this is creative writing at its best.  I also joined the pre-order line.  It will be worth the wait.

Dave Stephenson

 After reading about the need for more pre-orders of Ed King's new book I jumped on the N&W commissary site and placed my order. I hope we can get to the 150 preorders that are needed. I still prefer a nice book over looking at something on a tablet or computer.Shawn Harley ________________________________________