NS Trash Train Service - Trains News Digest for Friday, April 9, 2021

Fri Apr 9 22:34:59 EDT 2021

Bruce
I totally agree.
Based on NS’s past decisions regarding shedding short (and marginally profitable) lines, it seems logical to surmise that this termination of service was decided by the corporate bean counters. How to dump a line? (pardon the pun)....by making the price so high the customer (in this case a regional entity/municipality) cannot absorb the increase.
I cannot imagine this termination of service was initiated by Roanoke.
Also of note.....the article only gave a historical perspective. Nothing was mentioned about “why”......the $64 question.
Hopefully some old fashioned investigating reporting will be forthcoming soon.

Herb Edwards
Lynchburg

Sent from my iPhone