Roanoke rail traffic

Wed May 12 19:59:41 EDT 2021

Sort of related to this, I noticed that on occasion there are now trains going west past the Roanoke Virginian station. On the WSLS webcam, there was a double stack train going west a week or so ago. It also looked like a coal train was recently pointed west. I couldn’t tell if it was full, but if headed west it was presumably empty. The rear of the train stretched out to where the diamond of the Pumpkin Vine line headed south. It’s nice to see the South Yard still staying busy.

Sky Cams | WSLS 10 <https://www.wsls.com/weather/skycams/>

Phil Miller