Fw: 611 trip postponed. Notice from the Strasburg Railroad Company

Tue May 18 10:23:02 EDT 2021

Feel free to share.
Norris

Norris Deyerle

________________________________
Eastern Railroad Discussion > 611 trips scheduled for this weekend are Cancelled
________________________________
Date: 05/17/21 17:14
611 trips scheduled for this weekend are Cancelled
Author: seaboardc30-7<https://www.trainorders.com/profile/user.php?user=seaboardc30-7>
________________________________

Greetings!

After careful deliberation, the Virginia Museum of Transportation (VMT) leadership made the decision to temporarily delay 611’s arrival to Strasburg Rail Road. As the 611 crew worked to make the engine ready for the move, a malfunction was discovered with the locomotive’s stoker, preventing the stoker from advancing coal forward into the firebox. VMT mechanical personnel are actively working on diagnosing and repairing the stoker. As a result, the 611 events at the Strasburg Rail Road for this weekend (May 21-23) are canceled. We apologize for this inconvenience!

The good news is the Strasburg Rail Road will still be open and operating 45-minute excursion rides this weekend (May 22 – 23) with one of our own steam locomotives! (Because of the unexpected delay, N&W No. 611 will not be the mode of power.) Your excursion tickets are still valid for the same time and same accommodation for which you originally purchased. You will receive a new confirmation number sent to the email on file. However, if you reserved specifically because of N&W No. 611 and would like to cancel your tickets, we’d be happy to discuss with you 1) rebooking your tickets to a future date when 611 will be the motive of power or 2) refunding your ticket purchase. Please confirm – one way or the other – no later than by end-of-day on Wednesday, May 19th.

Due to limited phone accessibility, ease of communication, and for a prompt guest response, all correspondence to the Strasburg Rail Road is requested to be done through email.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate this unexpected delay. We look forward to welcoming Norfolk & Western No. 611 to Strasburg very soon! We hope to see you here!

Eric Conner
Station Master
Strasburg Rail Road Company

Alicia Cerankowski