Lynchburg woman dies after being struck by train in Campbell County

Wed Jun 23 12:05:47 EDT 2021

Ray,NS has a large presence in Lynchburg as both main lines (N&W and SR) run through there plus Kinney and Montview yards.Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 6/23/21  10:17 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Re: Lynchburg woman dies after being struck by train in Campbell County
Abram,

The news story said this occurred on Norfolk Southern near Six Mile Bridge east if Lynchburg. I thought NS was gone from this area about fifty years ago.  CSX is there.   Right?

   Ray

Sent from my iPhone

Note reporter Ida Domingo's very elegant phrase, *the train's emergency whistle was engaged* ...

More highly informed **journalism** from the same fine folks who call railroads **train companies,**  who call the freight hauled by railroads **cargo,** who call electrical transmission lines  **power cables,** and such-like ill-informed palaver, and
 who are generally unable to match the case, number and gender of a pronoun to its antecedent noun.

Don't let your grandchildren major in **journalism**...  HA!

-- abram burnett
Advocate for Profound Cultural Impact Turnips