Locomotive Oil Delivery to Shaffers Crossing?

Mon Jun 28 13:37:16 EDT 2021

This is indeed interesting.  When I worked for Mobil Oil Corp in the 70's one of my assignments took me to our Paulsboro NJ Refinery and following the MOC pipeline from there through the middle of PA.  I can only imagine that the National Transit P/L was a part of Socony Mobil back in the day (being a part of the larger Rockefeller complex of refineries, pipelines, terminal, rail roads and equipment, etc).

This is a pretty good history of the old "Tuscarora P/L" as the latest TPL is a newly constructed gas line from Canada to Oregon.  Would always welcome more on this side of the N&W heritage, although I didn't pursue any leads to N&W operations in PA.  And it is always a pleasure to hear from Mr. Burnett!

https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1998-12-13-3221448-story.html
[https://www.trbimg.com/img-53fdf16a/turbine/mc-fb-default-image-20140827]<https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1998-12-13-3221448-story.html>
BUCKEYE TRACES TIES TO STANDARD OIL - The Morning Call - mcall.com<https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1998-12-13-3221448-story.html>
For four generations, the Dunkle family has toiled for Buckeye Pipe Line Co. And for years, Mead Dunkle, a retired manager of transportation analysis and a member of the third generation, has ...
www.mcall.com
Ed Svitil
N&WHS #0317