Why the Names Dehurt and Pierpont ?

Sun Aug 8 19:11:48 EDT 2021

Pierpont was listed as a siding as far back as the 1905 Station and Siding list, which, I think is the oldest either I or the Society has. Dehurt first showed up in my collection in the book No. 37, February 1914 list, but was not present in the No. 35, 1911 list. I would guess that it was very close to the Salem Tannery siding based on its number 266A, and the Tannery was 266 whereas Pierpont was listed as 267, about a mile or so west.

I seem to recall a Dehurt in local history, but fail to find it at the moment.

Best
Ken Miller