SHAFFERS CROSSING TURNTABLE - 1980's era

Fri Sep 10 15:17:23 EDT 2021

Hi folks,

I wondered if anyone has a photo of the Shaffers Crossing turntable from the 1980’s timeframe, when it had the yellow (wood?) railings? There’s one photo I’ve seen with the 611 riding the turntable with these railings.
I’m particularly interested if there’s a photo showing the control building side, so I can model that too.

I’m hoping to modify my Walther’s turntable to match and have some ideas what it looks like, but would like confirmation.

I’ve found lots of photos from the steam era with pipe railings and photos of it more recently where it looks like everything above the rails was reworked, but a lack of photos from the 80’s to 90’s(?) with the yellow wood railings.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phil Miller