Areas of Interest on the N&W (was Salem Shifter)

Thu Sep 16 15:16:43 EDT 2021

On 9/16/2021 11:55 AM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:

> */I'd basically live at the station and especially after dinner they
> would drop me off there./*

The Roanoke passenger station had a certain smell about it and the water
from the coolers had a certain taste. In days past, every once in a
while I would catch a whiff of that station smell and sometimes get a
taste of the water from some obscure water cooler! Then, there were
times that I would catch the smell of an old ALCO! Good memories!!!

Jimmy Lisle