EARLY N&W COAL HOPPERS AT VMT

Mon Nov 1 09:53:57 EDT 2021

Well said! Thanks Abram.

Phil Miller

Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 8:03 AM
To: N&W Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: RE: EARLY N&W COAL HOPPERS AT VMT

If you ever want a lesson in clandestine mechanical work, ask some Car Department person to explain to you Buttons and Gibs on trucks, and the concept of "Mis-matched Trucks."  And push him to explain pedestal jaws, wear liners and box bolts, as well.

The Hon. Mr. Hamilton would be the perfect man.  But you should probably take him out to dinner at Texas Tavern, for it will be a lengthy expanation.  If he runs out of things to say before desert, press him on the subject of brake rigging.

I was only a Brakezman, and have neither the prowess nor acumen to tutor anyone on such erudite topics.  My specialty was derailing cars...

-- abram burnett

Turnip Empowerment Activist