Potts Valley Branch

Wed Jan 12 21:45:14 EST 2022

The Potts Valley Branch lay quiet today awaiting the next significant
snowfall expected in a few days. 2022 will mark 90 years since train
service was discontinued on this scenic 39 mile line between
Ripplemead/Pott's Valley Junction and Paint Bank, VA.

The first view is looking west from Crosier Trestle toward the summit of
the grade over the Eastern Continental Divide near Kire which can be
seen in the far distance through the trees.

Other views include looking across the 100 foot deep water-gap of
Crosier Trestle, and a view at the bottom of one of the trestle's pier
foundations beside the stream.

I always enjoy history the most when it gets me into the out-of-doors.
May this lift your spirit a little if you could not be outside today.

John Garner, Newport, VA.