Builder Plate Conundrum - photo

Sat Feb 26 13:05:25 EST 2022

Jim, I considered a re-boiler or re-smokebox situation. But if they used
the boiler or smokebox off Class F #169 Const. No. 47 why doesn't the
plate's built date read Dec. 1887? On the plate it reads "Built Dec.
1890". Obscure stuff I know! First time I've ever seen a NW builder
plate who's markings don't match the loco records we all use.   John
Garner

John

It looks like they needed more room between the headlight and the smoke
stack.  They must have used the smoke box off 169 with the builders
plate in tack when the G2 was built.

Nice find

Jim Blackstock