Crewe Question

Mon Mar 21 08:25:34 EDT 2022

Abram,

Quoting from *Norfolk & Western Railway, Pocahontas Coal Carrier, *by
Richard Prince, page 94:

"CREWE, VA., was established in 1888 as the new engine terminal and
division point between Norfolk and Roanoke, replacing both Petersburg and
Lynchburg. A 21-stall roundhouse complete with 60-ft. turntable was built
that year at Crewe. In 1910 an 85-ft  turntable was installed to turn the
early Mallet locomotives. The roundhouse was completely rebuilt in 1914
with stalls lengthened for Mallets, and number increased to 25. Finally, in
1919 an 115-ft. turntable was installed. A small back shop and machine shop
were also located at Crewe."

Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer