Back When We Slept and Cooked on the Caboose

Sat Mar 26 16:03:35 EDT 2022

Jim

That is really interesting, I wonder if my father ever met your parents. Again, I don’t remember exactly when this happened, and don’t really remember what my father did prior to that. It might have even been much earlier, as I remember us making a trip to Bluefield late in the steam era, as I remember riding watching the J up front in the cold air with the steam billowing back from back on the round end car. I don’t remember what we went up there for exactly, too young, but I remember the ride. I remember the cold, wet weather in Bluefield and looking down from a window on the trains. Who knows?

It is still one of my most precious memories from that time.

Best
Ken