Abe Burnett’s recent Bristol query

Tue Apr 5 22:11:15 EDT 2022

Hi all,The Turnip King reminded me that I needed to dig out the late, lamented Mainline Modeler magazine’s article and drawings of the Bristol depot, as I need to plan a space for a condensed version of same on my abuilding model railroad.
The March 2005 issue contains drawings both exterior and interior of the depot and a reasonably detailed article outlining the building and its steam-era functions.
While on the Bristol subject, the May-June 2003 issue of the Southern Railway Historical Association contains a nicely detailed narrative of the Bristol yard’s operations 1946-1950 by the late Doug Midkiff, who worked there briefly as a yard clerk IIRC. It’s still available on the back issue section of the srha.net web site. My own copy’s trapped in a storage locker at the moment.
Hope these help.All best,
Andre JacksonApprentice First Class of Bristol Line history

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad