Pokey operations

Tue Apr 19 07:56:47 EDT 2022

Gordon,
Can't speak to all facets of your question, but as to the name, there was a
turn out on the main (maybe more than one as I am looking for documentation
of a passing siding that may have existed) West of the water tank with a
spur that led down to the "bottom" where is "switched back" to service
mines along what is now at least route 52, can't remember the name of the
mines at the moment (covered well in Alex's book).  The down spur also
continued forward to go under the bridge to become the Angle branch also
followed the creek to the Wye near Elkhorn Colliery.  Shamokin was also
serviced down in the "bottom".
Jim Cochran